Monday, November 10, 2008

Is satellite radio worth it?

I have free satellite in my car for 3 months...after that I think it is $12/mo. Here's the thing...how much media, entertainment does one really need? I have the reg radio, cd, ipod hook up, bluetooth. The only things that I really listen to on satellite is Howard Stern (yeah... I think the show is hilarious, I did seriously miss it, and I listen to it quite a bit now), the kids station (good songs for Rex), and a couple of indy music stations. On the Howard thing, people either hate him or love him. He swears a lot now which I kinda worry about Rex listening to, but I think it is okay in moderation and I do change the station if they totally start going off. Plus...I will be back at work soon and the kids won't be with me when I'm traveling aroound for work. Yeah, i listened to tom leykis when we were in CA, too, so shoot me! For those of you not familiar with Leykis:

Depending on who you ask, syndicated radio personality Tom Leykis is either a breath of fresh air or a foul defender of the male libido. An oracle of psychosocial truth or a sphincter of sexism. His "Leykis 101," an academic tutorial on "how to get guys laid," alternately provokes gratitude or outrage.

Do I agree with what he says? No, but it is entertainment and the perfect break from a stressful day. I think the same goes for Stern. It is foul, but hearing about Robin's big, brown, beautiful titties does put a smile on your face. Come on...you are smiling right now!

I have reached no conclusion here...guess I have the next month to continue this important, critical decision.

No comments: