Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

We are off to the parentals this afternoon. Rex, of course, woke up at 7 AM. I started baking a caramel apple pie (almost finished now) and some ambrosia salad. Rex ate 10 slices of sugared apples, pie dough, maraschino cherries, a waffle, a veggie sausage, and a half of a banana. The kid has only been awake for 2 1/2 hours! I sliced apples with Sloane in the front pack and had visions of accidentally wounding her...we made it though! So, I just have the free range turkey breast to go. Matt is awake now to entertain Rex a little bit, but I have to say Rex was a pretty darn good boy (as long as I kept feeding him sugar...at one point he actually asked to try the raw flour and brown sugar). One more little invention that is great to keep him occupied:He can stand on it and be counter height. He eats there, watches me not cook, reads books, etc. Okay...Sloane wants to eat and then have to get the kids in the double jogger. I am thankful for these days that Matt runs with me so that I have a partner in pushing it. I still would love to see a web board just for moms who actually jog with their double jogger.

Oh....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! 1 year later, 1 more kid, 1 more house...everything else pretty much status quo!
The pie (yes...I made the crust):
Rex and Matt downloading x-mas songs for the big t-giving fiesta later:
Sloane and Kate tired after all of the morning cooking:
Sloane looking adorable a few days ago (hey...had to throw it in!):

No comments: